Listed below is the basic kit I suggest you bring with you. Due to the nature of the sessions there is more stopping and starting than a normal walk, so it is worth bringing extra layers. Do feel free to contact me before the session if you have any concerns or queries regarding kit.
- Walking boots/trail shoes (trainers not recommended)
- Walking socks
- Rucksack (20 to 30 litres)
- Base layer (Cotton not recommended)
- Warm layers eg. Fleece/insulated jacket
- Walking trousers/ leggings or shorts (NOT jeans)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Warm hat/gloves
- Sun hat
- Water – 1-2 litres
- Packed lunch (Day sessions only)
- High energy snacks
- Personal medication
- Basic 1st aid kit inc. plasters/blister plasters etc.
(Cathy holds a First Aid qualification and will be carrying a comprehensive first aid kit).
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent
- Rucksack liner/individual dry bags (weather dependent)
- Mobile phone
- Walking poles
- Compass (ideally Silva 4) and OS map of area to be visited
NOTE: Cathy will provide an OS map section and a compass, but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
“Go where you feel most alive.”